Become a Licensed Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer
The Licensed Trainer Track is best suited to Yoga teachers or other qualified individuals who are not currently a member of a school staff (e.g., if you work in a school full-time, you will not be able to implement all aspects of the program), and wish to expand their professional offerings. Licensees have the ability to schedule and facilitate Y4C Professional Development Workshops open to the public. They also help schools to become Y4C Schools via the staff development workshop and classroom residency.
Benefits of becoming a Licensed Y4C Trainer:
- Ability to assist schools in becoming Y4C Schools via planning and facilitating the Staff Development Workshop and 10-week classroom residency utilizing the provided curriculum and materials.
- Ability to choose an appropriate host location, schedule and facilitate Professional Development Workshops open to the public.
- Name, photo, bio, and location are featured in the Y4C Trainer Directory.
- Professional Development Workshops scheduled by licensee will be featured and marketed on the website, as well as via the Y4C Facebook and Twitter pages, blog and e-newsletter.
- Online access to Y4C marketing materials, forms and other documents and files that support the program.
- Access to proprietary 'how to find funding' and grant proposal template documents to assist interested schools in obtaining funding for the program.
- Access to instructional videos showing live demonstrations of the workshop and residency curriculum to serve as review in preparing for your own presentations.
- Membership in the Y4C Trainer community with access to updates, new materials, latest research, and continuing education opportunities.
- Reseller pricing on bulk orders of Y4C Manuals needed for workshops.
- Reseller pricing on bulk orders of Y4C Activity Card Decks to be presented and sold at Y4C workshops and at schools.
- Access to Y4C Media Kits to help you effectively market the program to schools, funding sources, local TV and other media.
- Benefits of national advertising, PR and growing program recognition.
- Ongoing support from the Yoga 4 Classrooms main office, including a monthly Y4C Trainer community conference call.
- 1) Attend the ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 (the foundational training) and complete, or be actively working toward, certification.
2) Submit a brief email or call 603-781-3323 to discuss your interest in becoming a Licensed Y4C Trainer. Please provide a brief overview of your relevant experience and intentions. Eligibility is not guaranteed. Completion of a 200 hr. adult yoga certification is preferred, though there are exceptions based on other relevant experience including, but not limited to, being a classroom teacher, physical education teacher, OT, PT, or school guidance counselor with a solid understanding and practice of yoga and mindfulness.
3) Attend a one-day Y4C Professional Development Workshop prior to attending the Trainer Intensive on location. Though not as ideal, should there not be one scheduled near you you may also attend the online version.
4) Complete the Licensed Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer Intensive.
Trainer Intensive is 3 days (25 contact hours ) and includes a comprehensive overview of the background and development of the program, review of supporting research, participation in a public Y4C Professional Development Workshop, review of the workshop curriculum, and thorough review of the 10-week classroom residency curriculum. Business practices, marketing, and instruction and materials needed for bringing the program to the schools in your area and beyond will be covered, as well as how best to provide schools with the means to finding funding for the program. Training will culminate with practice teaching and casual testing and evaluation. Ongoing support is provided via monthly conference calls group sharing and mentoring.
This training is qualified for PDPs from your credentialing organization (with approval), and Continuing Education Training Hours (CE's) through Yoga Alliance.
Licensed Trainer Intensive includes:
- Trainer Intensive (25 contact hours)
- Licensed Trainer Binder with template materials, plus access to online files for Licensees
- Professional Development Workshop Curriculum
- 10-week Classroom Residency Curriculum
- Parent Education: Family Letters
- Marketing Templates
- Business Practices & Information
- Promotional Materials & Handouts
- Useful Scientific articles & publications
- Funding Procurement Templates and Information for Schools
and much more...
* Attendees must bring their own Y4C Manual and Y4C Card Deck obtained at the Professional Development Workshop attended as part of the prerequisite training. Attendees should also plan to bring their laptop to the training, if possible.
5) Enter into the Yoga 4 Classrooms limited license agreement. License is renewable for $250 annually, thereafter. Keep in mind this fee is recouped with just 3 registrations for just one of your public workshops, or can also be recouped 4 times over with just one workshop scheduled as professional development for a school. Your entire Trainer Intensive tuition and license fee can be recouped nearly twice over with just one professional development workshop for a school.
Annual License Fee: $250
(first year's license fee is due at least two weeks prior to the Trainer Intensive)
6) Licensed Trainers are strongly encouraged to assist with or co-facilitate at least one Professional Development Workshop and/or classroom residency. Access to online formats are also available for review. Specific requirements will vary based on experience and ability to ensure all trainers have the tools and confidence needed to share the program successfully.