Be a Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer at Your Own School
The Schoolsite Trainer Track is best suited to school counselors, general and health educators, school psychologists, occupational therapists, or other school professionals who work in a particular school or district and would like to share the Y4C program as part of their position at the school. Those who complete the schoolsite trainer track are qualified to share the Y4C professional development workshop and classroom residency (works beautifully as guidance curriculum) within their own school with their own staff and students.
Benefits of becoming a Y4C Schoolsite Trainer:
- Become empowered to assist your school in becoming a Y4C School via planning and facilitating the Staff / Professional Development Workshop for your staff, and the 10-week classroom residency utilizing the provided curriculum and materials. (Please note: This opportunity does not qualify you to share Y4C with other schools or to offer workshops to the public. Should that be of interest, please see Licensee opportunity instead.)
- Serving as the Y4C expert on staff at your school, you will be able to provide continuing education to staff and students, assist with questions, involve families, and help to make the program sustainable for the long-term.
- Membership in the Y4C Schoolsite Trainer Community with access to updates, new materials, latest research, and continuing education opportunities.
- 1) Attend a one-day Y4C Professional Development Workshop prior to attending the Instructor Training. If unable to attend a workshop on location, you may also 'attend' online, though it's highly recommended that you attend in person if at all possible.
2) Complete the Yoga 4 Classrooms Schoolsite Trainer Intensive.
Schoolsite Trainer Intensive is approximately 2 days (17 contact hours) and includes a comprehensive overview of the background and development of the program, review of supporting research, trainee participation in a public Y4C Professional Development workshop, review of the workshop curriculum, and thorough review of the 10-week classroom residency curriculum. Training will culminate with practice teaching and casual testing and evaluation.
PDPs from your credentialing organization may be available, as well as Continuing Education Training Hours (CE's) through Yoga Alliance.
3) Though not required, Schoolsite Trainers are encouraged to assist with or co-facilitate at least one Professional Development Workshop and/or classroom residency to ensure they have the tools and confidence needed to share the program successfully.
Schoolsite Trainer Track includes:
- Schoolsite Trainer Intensive (17 contact hours)
- Schoolsite Trainer Binder with Template Materials, plus access to online files for Schoolsite Trainers
- Professional Development Workshop Curriculum
- 10-week Classroom Residency Curriculum
- Parent Education: Family Letters to correspond with the 10-week curriculum
- Funding Procurement Templates
- Useful Scientific Articles & Publications
- Ongoing Support
Attendees must bring their own Y4C Manual (from the workshop attended) and Y4C Card Deck (if you don't already have one, they will be available for purchase at the training). Trainees should also plan to bring a laptop, if possible.
View Upcoming Schoolsite Trainer Intensive Dates and Locations: