Professional Development Workshop for School Staff
On-Site Professional Development Workshop for School Staff
Full-day (6 hour) workshop to be held on-site at your school, is open to the entire school staff. Workshop introduces the benefits of yoga, mindfulness and health education and its application in the classroom environment.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the physiological and neurological signs of stress and imbalance in your students and yourself
- Integrate 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques into your class day to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience
- Facilitate learning readiness which can improve student achievement
- Improve classroom management while supporting students' individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
- Become a more effective educator as you lead and practice these tools with your students
Please contact us for additional details or to arrange an on-site Yoga 4 Classrooms Professional Development Workshop at your school.
Online Professional Development Workshop for School StaffAs an alternative to the On-Site Staff Professional Development Workshop facilitated in person by a Licensed Y4C Trainer, a video-based format is now available to schools in locations where a Licensed Y4C Trainer is not presently available.
This online workshop can be completed in one full day by viewing 18 video segments (5 hours) in a group setting on a projector screen. Alternatively, week-long access can be granted to all school staff members such that they can view the video segments individually at their convenience. At the end of the viewing, the group will gather for an interactive follow-up Q&A session online with Lisa Flynn, the Founder and Director of Yoga 4 Classrooms or with another qualified Y4C Trainer.
The workshop utilizes the 230 pg, fully-illustrated and tabbed Yoga 4 Classrooms Program Manual and the Yoga 4 Classrooms Activity Card Deck, ensuring the program is both easy to use and sustainable for long-term use. These materials sets should be ordered for each classroom teacher and specialist attending the workshop. School discounts are available for orders of 20 or more materials sets.
Please contact us to discuss arranging an Online Professional Development Workshop for your school staff.
Continuing Education Credit
For both the on-site and online workshops, attendees may be eligible to receive Professional Development Points(PDPs) or Continuing Education Hours(CEs). As each credentialing organization has their own requirements, staff members should confirm their training hours will apply toward their degree or continuing education requirements.
Registered yoga teachers who attend are also eligible for Continuing Education Training Hours through Yoga Alliance.