Professional Development Workshop for Educators
There is no replacement for attending a workshop on location as an in-person, interactive experience is always going to be more engaging, informative and beneficial. However, for educators who are overseas or otherwise unable to attend a workshop in person, this online / self-study option provides a wonderful alternative.
Similar to the workshops held on location, this video-based, self-study alternative is designed for K-12 classroom teachers, administrators, school counselors, phys ed teachers, school nurses, health educators, therapists, paraprofessionals and other school professionals seeking to bring simple yoga and mindfulness techniques into their work with children for a more peaceful, productive class day.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the physiological and neurological signs of stress and imbalance in your students and yourself
- Integrate 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques into your class day to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience
- Facilitate learning readiness which can improve student achievement
- Improve classroom management while supporting students' individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
- Become a more effective educator as you lead and practice these tools with your students
100% of online workshop participants agreed that the material learned will be beneficial to their students as well as to themselves, both personally and professionally.
97% of participants stated that they feel prepared to implement the Y4C activities in their professional routine using the materials and training received during the online workshop.
On average, participants rated the online content, materials and presentation a 9.8 out of 10.
Tuition of $199 includes:
- 5 hr. online workshop, presented in a video-based format, is divided into 18 segments to be viewed as is convenient for the participant. Upon registration, participant will be emailed a login password and viewing start date based upon the estimated materials delivery date (see below). Online viewing is available for one week. Participants have an opportunity to ask questions through the comment feature as they work through the online content at any time.
- Fully-illustrated, tabbed, 230 pg. Program Manual and Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck, together in a bonus cinch bag (combined value of $80), will be mailed to you upon receipt of payment for the online workshop.
- Shipping of materials to locations within the Continental U.S. is included. Additional shipping charges will apply to locations outside the continental U.S.
- Certificate of Completion, which can be submitted to your school or credentialing organization for PDPs or CEUs, will be granted upon successful completion of the quiz and evaluation. Please note that the quiz and evaluation must be completed within 2 weeks. The quiz includes pointed and open-ended essay style questions to ensure comprehension of the materials presented in the workshop and materials. Please note your certificate of completion will be emailed to you as a printable PDF file.
- Possible PDPs or CEUs from your credentialing organization and/or possible reimbursement from your school may be available. See below.
Professional Development Points (PDPs) and or CEUs may be available through your employer or credentialing organization. As each credentialing organization has their own requirements, you should confirm with them that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements.
Registered yoga teachers are eligible for Continuing Education Training Hours through Yoga Alliance.
NOTE: This workshop does not lead to a certification to teach yoga to children, but simply to share simple techniques in your own classroom. Please learn more about ChildLight Yoga Teacher Trainings and Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer Intensive options to choose the best training option that suits your needs or Contact Us with your questions or concerns before registering.