Online Professional Development Workshop
There is no replacement for attending a workshop on location as an in-person experience is always going to be more interactive, engaging, informative and beneficial. However, for interested parties who are overseas or otherwise unable to attend a workshop in person, this online / self-study option provides a wonderful alternative.
Similar to the on location workshop, this online / self-study alternative is designed for K-12 classroom teachers, administrators, school counselors, phys ed teachers, school nurses, health educators, therapists, paraprofessionals and other school professionals seeking to bring simple yoga and mindfulness techniques into their work with children for a more peaceful, productive class day.
100% of online workshop attendees agreed that the material learned in this workshop will be beneficial to them both personally and professionally, as well as beneficial to their students.
In addition, an overwhelming 95% of attendees stated that they feel prepared to implement the Y4C activities in their professional routine after the online workshop.
On average, online workshop attendees rated the content and materials at 9.5 and presentation at 9.1 (with 10 being the highest possible rating).
Here’s what our attendees said about the workshop:
“I would definitely recommend this online workshop to others. This workshop is one of the most practical workshops I ever took. I have already begun to implement many of the strategies and exercises in the classrooms.”
“Even though I was not at a live training, I felt connected to the presenter and other participants. I liked the breakdown of different modules which allowed for taking breaks or reviewing since we were not able to ask questions. Chunks were manageable and information clear. Well done!”
“Teachers always need ideas. And not everyone can get to a workshop, particularly when the school year gets busy.”
“I have recommended it to others even before taking it and now I will encourage many others to do it as it allows people the chance to do a training when not able to attend it in person.”
Tuition of $199 includes:
- 5 hr. online workshop, presented in a video-based format, is divided into 18 segments to be viewed as is convenient for the participant. Upon registration, participant will be emailed a login password and viewing start date based upon the estimated materials delivery date (see below). Online viewing is available for one week. Participants have an opportunity to ask questions through the comment feature as they work through the online content at any time.
- Fully-illustrated, full-color, 230 pg. Y4C Manual will be mailed to you upon receipt of payment for the online workshop.
- Yoga 4 Classroom Card Deck
- Shipping of materials to locations within the Continental U.S. is included. Additional shipping charges will apply to locations outside the continental U.S.
- Certificate of Completion, which can be submitted to your school or credentialing organization for
PDPs or CEUs, will be granted upon successful completion of the quiz and
evaluation. Please note that the quiz and evaluation must be completed within 2 weeks. The quiz includes pointed and open-ended essay style questions to ensure comprehension of the materials presented in the workshop and materials. Please note your certificate of completion will be emailed to you as a printable PDF file.
- Possible PDPs or CEUs from your credentialing organization and/or possible reimbursement from your school may be available. See below.
Professional Development Points (PDPs) and or CEUs may be available through your employer or credentialing organization. As each credentialing organization has their own requirements, you should confirm with them that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements.
NOTE: This workshop does not lead to a certification to teach yoga to children, although it offers a lot of tools and ideas to incorporate in a kids yoga class in any setting. Please learn more about ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer Intensive options to choose the best training option that suits your needs or Contact Us with your questions or concerns before registering.