Professional Development Workshop for Educators
Yoga 4 Classrooms: Tools to Improve Self-Regulation, Learning and Classroom Climate
There is no replacement for attending a workshop on location as an in-person, interactive experience is always going to be more engaging, informative and beneficial. However, for educators who are overseas or otherwise unable to attend a workshop in person, this online course provides a wonderful alternative.
Who Should Participate:
Similar to the workshops held on location, the online course is designed for K-12 classroom teachers, administrators, special educators, school counselors, school social workers, occupational therapists, SLPs, physical therapists, physical education teachers, health educators, and paraprofessionals.
Increasing numbers of students across the country lack the skills of self-regulation, impulse control and focus negatively affecting their behavior, ability to learn and overall well-being. These critical life skills, essential to success at home, in school and throughout life, can be learned when taught in a developmentally appropriate, engaging way. Sharing yoga and mindfulness techniques, specifically designed for the time and space crunched classroom, is a convenient, engaging and effective way to promote these skills while cultivating a positive, peaceful productive classroom climate.
Through the framework of - Noticing, Mindful Choice, Practice, Reflection, Integration - you will learn how to empower your students and yourselves with increased self-awareness, the foundation for the development of skills of self-regulation and cognitive control. You will recognize signs of imbalance, and will have the confidence and skills to effectively implement 67 yoga and mindfulness-based activities, specially chosen for their suitability for the typical classroom space and schedule. This means all activities can be done standing beside or sitting at desks, while hands and bodies remain off the floor, away from dirt, germs and chemicals. Yoga 4 Classrooms is easy for teachers, students, parents and therapists to use, and helps to create a more harmonious, learning-friendly school day.
- Understand the neuroscience of stress, the symptoms, and how it affects learning and behavior
- Learn 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience
- Understand the 5 critical steps to integrated self-regulation
- Facilitate learning readiness which improves student achievement
- Improve classroom management while supporting students individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
- Become a more effective educator as you lead and practice these tools with your students
Absolutely no yoga experience is required. In fact, participants are encouraged to wear regular, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes as they complete the course as we'll be simulating a classroom experience. This fun and informative workshop will relax and inspire you.
What Participants are Saying:
- 100% of online workshop participants agreed that the material learned will be beneficial to their students as well as to themselves, both personally and professionally.
- 97% of participants stated that they feel prepared to implement the Y4C activities in their professional routine using the materials and training received during the online workshop.
- On average, participants have rated the online content, materials and presentation a 9.8 out of a highest possible 10 rating.