Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom: Tools to Improve Self-Regulation, Learning and Classroom Climate
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is appropriate for K-12 classroom teachers, administrators, special educators, school counselors, school social workers, occupational therapists, SLPs, physical therapists, physical education teachers, health educators, and paraprofessionals.
Increasing numbers of students across the country lack the skills of self-regulation, impulse control and focus negatively affecting their behavior, ability to learn and overall well-being. These critical life skills, essential to success at home, in school and throughout life, can be learned when taught in a developmentally appropriate, engaging way. Sharing yoga and mindfulness techniques, specifically designed for the time and space crunched classroom, is a convenient, engaging and effective way to promote these skills while cultivating a positive, peaceful productive classroom climate.
Through the framework of - Noticing, Mindful Choice, Practice, Reflection, Integration - you will learn how to empower your students and yourselves with increased self-awareness, the foundation for the development of skills of self-regulation and cognitive control. You will recognize signs of imbalance, and will have the confidence and skills to effectively implement 67 yoga and mindfulness-based activities, specially chosen for their suitability for the typical classroom space and schedule. This means all activities can be done standing beside or sitting at desks, while hands and bodies remain off the floor, away from dirt, germs and chemicals. Yoga 4 Classrooms is easy for teachers, students, parents and therapists to use, and helps to create a more harmonious, learning-friendly school day.
- Understand the neuroscience of stress, the symptoms, and how it affects learning and behavior.
- Learn 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience
- Understand the 5 critical steps to integrated self-regulation
- Facilitate learning readiness which improves student achievement
- Improve classroom management while supporting students individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
- Become a more effective educator, counselor or therapist as you lead and practice these tools with your students
Absolutely no yoga experience is required. In fact, participants are encouraged to wear regular, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes to the workshop as we'll be simulating a classroom experience. This fun and informative workshop will relax and inspire you.
What Participants are Saying:
Thousands of educators and school counselors across the country have participated in Yoga 4 Classrooms trainings on location, online or as an in-service at their school/org since its inception in 2010:
- On average, 100% of educators surveyed agree that Y4C will be beneficial to them as a teacher and to their students, and 99% that it will also benefit them personally.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, this workshop is consistently rated at 10 for content, presentation and materials.
Tuition of $180 Includes:
- 6 hr. Interactive Workshop
- Program Manual Download*
- Note-Taking Guide Download*
- Certificate of Completion
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for our policies and waivers.
If you already have a copy of the Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck, please bring it along to the workshop. Otherwise, you can purchase a deck through Amazon.com. Decks may also be available for sale on site at the workshop.
Continuing Education Credit:
CE's, CEUs or PDPs may be available through your employer or credentialing organization. As each credentialing organization has its own requirements and application process, you should confirm that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements. Note that all on location workshops sponsored by PESI, CREC, etc. are valid for a CEs for a variety of professions.
Contact hours for live workshops only are also valid toward the the Yoga Alliance specialty designation of Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT) when completing ChildLight Yoga's 95hr. Children's Yoga School.
Workshops are currently held in 20 states around the country with new workshop dates and locations added each week. Click below to see all dates and locations:
NOTE: This workshop does not lead to a certification to teach yoga and mindfulness to children, but simply to share techniques with your own students in your own classroom or client sessions. If you are interested in becoming a certified children's yoga instructor, please investigate the trainings offered by our affiliate, ChildLight Yoga. Many school professionals eventually attend both! Please Contact Us if you have any questions.