This one day workshop is appropriate for all K-12 classroom teachers (with special focus on primary school), administrators, school counselors, phys ed teachers, health educators, therapists, paraprofessionals and other school professionals seeking to bring simple yoga and mindfulness techniques into the classroom or similar setting for a more peaceful, productive class day.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the physiological and neurological signs of stress and imbalance in your students and yourself
- Integrate 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques into your class day to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience
- Facilitate learning readiness which can improve student achievement
- Improve classroom management while supporting students' individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
- Become a more effective educator as you lead and practice these tools with your students
Over 1,500 educators and school counselors from across the world have participated in the Y4C® Professional Development Workshop. In 2013 alone, our Licensed Trainers offered over 50 public workshops throughout U.S. and Canada. Currently, Y4C Workshops are held in over 15 states and online.
This inspiring, practical workshop is consistently rated at 10 for content, presentation and materials (on a scale from 1 to 10). In addition, 100% of educators agreed that Y4C will be beneficial to them as a teacher and to their students, and 99% feel that it will benefit them personally as well.
The workshop is led by a Licensed Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer. The 230pg, fully-illustrated Yoga 4 Classrooms Program Manual and Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck is utilized in this workshop ensuring the program is both easy to implement and sustainable for long-term use. Absolutely no yoga experience is required. In fact, educators are encouraged to wear their regular, comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes to the workshop as we'll be simulating a classroom experience.
This fun and informative workshop will relax and inspire you! Read what others are saying...
Tuition of $180 includes:
- 6 hr. interactive workshop (includes 45 min. lunch or dinner break)
- Fully-illustrated, tabbed, 230 pg. Program Manual and the Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck (value of $80)
- PDP or CEUs and/or possible reimbursement from your school
- Certificate of Completion
CE's, CEUs or PDPs may be available through your employer or credential organization. As each credentialing organization has their own requirements and application process, you should confirm that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements.
Registered yoga teachers are eligible for Continuing Education Training Hours through Yoga Alliance when the workshop is presented by an E-RYT (check the Trainer bio for confirmation of this designation).
CEUs for Yoga 4 Classrooms Professional Development Workshop are available from University of New Hampshire, Antioch University New England and Bucks County Community College, when you register at these institutions. Learn more.
NOTE: This workshop does not lead to a certification to teach yoga to children, but to share simple techniques in your own classroom. Please learn more about ChildLight Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga 4 Classrooms Trainer Intensive options to choose the best training option that suits your needs or Contact Us with your questions or concerns before registering.
Workshop dates are currently scheduled in 15 states and two countries. View Upcoming Workshop Dates and Locations: